What is The Blues Garden?
- The Blues Garden is a blues dance workshop in Gothenburg.
- All parties and classes are held at the same lovely venue. We want you to feel at home here, which is why we put a lot of effort into the decorations and the cozy fika.
- Class tracks (called paths) are not divided by skill level, but by areas of interest.
- The workshop is role free - you can choose in each class whether you want to lead or follow.
- To attend classes, you need to be a trained blues dancer. Our format doesn’t work for beginner blues dancers, unfortunately.
Within the blues dancing community in Göteborg we pride ourselves on our warm, welcoming atmosphere and friendliness to newcomers, on our open-mindedness when it comes to inspiration and individual expression and of course on our cosy fika. When we ran our own workshop, in the spring of 2014, we were determined to make sure all of these good things would remain intact. We do not just want to run a weekend workshop like any other; we want to share with you, our guests, some of what makes us all enjoy our community so much -our community spirit, if you will.
As a participant, you will hopefully see our vision for the Blues Garden shine through in many things, large and small, from scheduling and classes to the way we decorate the venue. We also want to share with you some of the fruits of the fantastic music scene in Göteborg, and will offer the stage to some of the finest blues musicians to be found in our area.
Our vision, then, is to run an event where everyone feels equally welcome; dark or fair, short or tall, lead or follow or ambidancetrous; where everyone feels comfortable dancing with everyone; where we can all enjoy each other’s company in a relaxed atmosphere, share a meal or a drink, chat about things inconsequential or world-changing, then celebrate it all with a dance. We’d like you to come share this vision with us!